Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Nifong needs a Waaaaambulance

Oh Puh-leeze! Mike Nifong's attorneys expect us to believe that while Nifong broke the rules, he didn't mean to break the rules.

Right. How many defendants did that work for in the cases Nifong prosecuted? Right, just what I thought.

The Charlotte Observer has the story and it carries probably the funniest quote from an attorney I think I've ever heard or read:
A lot of people have been rushing to judgment on both the underlying case and this case," attorney Dudley Witt said. "And after you allow someone to have a full hearing, I think you will find that he didn't do anything wrong."
OK, Dudley. Answer me this - who was the very first person to rush to judgment in the underlying case? Come on Dudley. You can do it bud. I'll give you a hint. He spoke to the media OFTEN. OK, we'll let you think on that one.

Seriously, now, after trying the Duke case in the media, Nifong wants people to give him a full hearing before passing judgment on him? Well, if that don't beat all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger B. Muse said...

My brother's a prosecutor (and a Dem) and while he and I haven't discussed this case, after years of being related to a prosecutor you just pick up on what is appropriate behavior and what isn't. (Even though it's pretty easy to find out what is appropriate with a bit of research.)

I feel for the woman. I imagine she's experienced quite a bit of abuse in many ways in her life. If she was physically/sexually abused by these men I fear it would be impossible for any reasonable person to believe her story. The way this case was handled, there's no way anyone is going to feel justice was served for any of the parties involved.

There's no excuse for the way these men acted. It's immoral, uncivilized, rude, ugly, hateful and inappropriate. It is/was not illegal.

It is my opinion that Nifong abused the trust of the people of Durham County and this state. I hope appropriate action is taken.

I'm not hiding from Nifong, Jefferson, Black or possibly Wright. No reason to. Republicans would have to hide from Bush, Foley, Cunningham, Ney, Libby, Decker, etc....I'm sure you get my picture.

I'm just hoping our current and future politicians learn something from all that has been unfolding in Washington, Raleigh and Durham. Time will tell.

2:00 PM, March 06, 2007  
Blogger B. Muse said...

Thanks and Matt is a great guy. A lot of people jumped to conclusions. It's nice to see some are able to back down and admit they were wrong.

I have to admit I am not aware of a lot of what happened in Durham simply because some of it didn't make the Charlotte paper and I haven't read the national news on it. I wasn't aware of much of what you've written about since I concerned myself more with the behavior of the attorneys.

Nobody benefits from these young mens' lives being disrupted and their futures derailed. It isn't justice and I do actually feel some compassion for them. As a parent, I'd like to smack them upside the head, but that's another story........

Thanks for stopping by.

5:21 PM, March 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home