Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Illness and Injury on Charlotte City Council

Our best goes out to Mayor Pro Tem Susan Burgess who had emergency surgery last night as an initial step for treating colorectal cancer. She called her fellow council members before the surgery and will continue to serve the city as she undergoes treatment for cancer.

Mrs. Burgess worked hard in the past election to get the bonds passed and to support other Democrats running for office. Her enthusiasm and hard work made the intensity of that last weekend before the election bearable. I had the opportunity to canvass with her and she is a wonderful advocate for this city. Get well soon, Susan.

I would also like to extend a big get well to my mother, City Councilwoman Patsy Kinsey, who fell and broke her wrist last night. Sorry, Mom. All this time I thought I picked up the clutz gene from Dad. I guess it was you all along. Love you and hope you feel better soon.

The following picture is of Susan Burgess, Patsy Kinsey, Larry Kissell and my girls on that last weekend of canvassing in November.

4 Comments:

Blogger uniquematerial said...

Ms. Susan - concentrate on getting well. Take care of yourself and let other people take care of you, too. All I can offer you are my prayers and a cyber hug. ((Big Hug))

Ms. Patsy - prayers and a ((Big Hug)) for you, too. Give your wrist time to heal and remember to take your vitamins. They did wonders for me when I broke my leg.

8:38 PM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger momoaizo said...

God speed to {{{Mayor Burgess}}}. You are in my prayers.

Send my love to your Mom and a wish for a speedy recovery.

8:55 PM, February 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are keeping you both in our thoughts.

Mayor Pro Tem Burgess, I hope you will find strength from your family and friends to fight this illness. Thank you for continuing to serve Charlotte during your treatment. Bless you.

9:02 PM, February 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers and good wishes. There a lots of us out here pulling for you.

9:09 PM, February 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home