Thursday, March 23, 2006

Thursday Morning Action Plan

Today we are going to do our best to get our N.C. Senators and Representatives informed about this issue. One of the best ways to do it is to simply email or call them and ask if they are aware of this. Many should be since there have been articles in almost every daily newspaper about this issue and the Governor and both Senators in Washington are against the sale of our National Forests.

First on the list is to go ahead and thank Governor Easley if you haven't already sent him an email.
You will find that form here. The next step is to email your Representative in the NC House and in the NC Senate. You will find that contact information in the Take Action section of BlueNC.

For the latter step, you might want to include this url -
http://facstaff.unca.edu/elkin/NFS/. While they should be able to see that it clearly says "faculty staff UNC Asheville", you might want to let them know that it is a page that compiles all of the official information about the sale of our National Forests as well as local media coverage. You also will want to let them know that you are aware that they do not have a vote in Congress, but you feel their voice would add weight to the argument against selling our National Treasures.

There, you have it. Three emails today. You can send the same email to your Rep. and Sen., so it's really only two emails. Don't fret over what to say. Simply thank the Governor and inform the others. As always, remember to thank them for the service to our state and its people. Not all of them are on the take and the pay is not commensurate with the job.

Tomorrow - LTEs.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

B muse:
Just a Quick Question? As A Proud Democrat how do you justify saying this,Chairman - I think you are mixing up your commenters. I am a practicing Baptist and was baptized in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit in June of 1973. I have accepted Christ as my Saviour and I follow his teachings as closely as I can. My problem is with those people who call themselves Christians, yet fail to follow in Christ's footsteps." and yet you support a Party that advocates the killing of innocent children through abortion on demand. Since you have given your witness, what will you say to Christ when he ask you about his children killed by your advocacy?
What did Christ say about the law and his role in it?
How do you answer the question of advocating homosexual rights, the acceptance of this lifestyle, which Christ stood against. (to make it clear the actions not the person)
I could go on and on, but I await you answers to these questions first.
I'd like to know one more thing, in your opinion are there shades of gray in the scripture? Or where do you stand on God's word.

11:05 AM, March 23, 2006  
Blogger B. Muse said...

I won't have to say anything. Christ died for my sins. I have confessed them, asked for forgiveness and have been forgiven. I owe you no explanation, especially since Christ himself did not require one of me. Thank you for your comment.

11:57 AM, March 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not at all friends, Jesus commands us to speak out against sin. Do you speak out for him. Christ states that if you do not stand up for him he will not stand up for you? Again I ask B muse where are you? "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.


Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

Jesus does require that you admit your sins. Sin is ongoing, not once forgiven always forgiven. You must ask forgiveness on a daily basis.
Anglico, I will truly pray for your soul and your children. I'm sure the B Muse is proud of your eloquent defense of him. Very Christian,eh? Are we known by those we associate with B muse?
Your speech and demeanor is full of evil. You are the one who has said you have rejected Christ! That my friend is something you should reflect on. You will answer one day, as we all must.
What will you tell Jesus?
As far as casting me out of the temple, at least I'll be there.

3:23 PM, March 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home