Thursday, November 10, 2005

Myrick Grandstanding

I've spent the better part of the day searching every source I can to get more information on the 3 Al-Qaeda members Sue Myrick(R-NC) claims were arrested after having crossed the border from Mexico. She claims they were "holding them in the jail down there." I can't find any mention of this in government sources, major media sources, minor media sources or blogs.

Is this just another Republicon scare tactic? Is Myrick making this up? If she is and can't give reliable evidence to support her claim, she needs to be held accountable. You can go here to listen to the 14 minute press conference. I will try to get a transcript as soon as I can.

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of the scare tactics and lies that Republicons use when trying to gain public support. I thought Sue was above all this crap. I guess I was wrong. If anyone has been able to find any reliable sources to verify this information please let me know and I will apologize to Representative Myrick. Just stay away from the wingnut blogs. I've already found one that is quoting this as if it's the Lord's gospel.

More on the grandstanding later......

1 Comments:

Blogger B. Muse said...

I haven't proven she's lying yet. I was trying to show restraint. I doubt she will run on family values in '06. If she does, we'll be ready!

8:06 AM, November 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home