Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dear John,


You just about had me completely reeled in. Just the other day, right here on BlueNC I told Anglico that I was ready to declare my intentions to support you. I pledged my undying love in a political sort of way. Then you did something that snapped the line and I'm once again wondering which candidate will gain my support in '08.

By now you know that I'm very loyal, so I'm sure you're wondering what you could have possibly done to lose me. It's very simple. It was something you said in your last letter to me.




Dear B,

The tide is turning in Democrats' favor. We have a strong chance of winning back the House in the 2006 elections. I've been working hard, traveling the country, and have already raised more than $6.65 million for Democrats. I've attended fundraisers for strong congressional candidates in more than a dozen states this election cycle and I'm committed to helping as many candidates as possible before November. Now, I'm looking to the One America online community to tell me which competitive races should be my primary focus.

Today, I'm launching One America Votes. This fall, I will headline fundraisers for two Democrats running for the House who have been selected by our online community. You - the voters - can choose candidates in any of the districts targeted by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. The DCCC has targeted critical races where extra help can make a real difference in November. We need to hear from you by Friday, August 4th.

Cast your vote now.

If we want to build One America, we need to change our country's leadership. George Bush and the Republicans have done everything in their power to increase the gap between rich and poor. It's time to replace them with Democrats who will build One America - One America that is committed to ending poverty, lifting more families into the middle class, and giving everyone who works hard something to show for it.

I am committed to helping as many House candidates as possible before November and am looking for your input as to which races should be my primary focus. Please take a moment to vote and choose two candidates who will work hard to build One America that works for everyone. The deadline for voting is August 4th.

Let's decide together. Vote today.

I'm interested in getting feedback from your family and friends as well. Please forward this message and ask them to participate in One America Votes with you.

Thanks for taking a moment to help. Your input is important to me.

Your Friend,

John
You can imagine my excitement when my new-found political love announces he's going to help out other deserving candidates. I knew there would be two great men here in NC that I would have a chance to vote for on your list. So, with great anticipation I followed your link.

That's when it happened. I fell out of politicolove with you. Instantly. You see, there was a name missing from that list. A very important name. Larry Kissell. There are 47 boxes to check and 45 names. Two of the boxes represent candidates that haven't won primaries yet so can't be named. How can you do that and leave off the name of a fellow North Carolinian who won his 3-way primary with 54% of the vote?

I understand the DCCC has picked their little list of favorites, but I was counting on you to stand on your own two feet....to have a backbone. I don't count on the DCCC to have any sense, but I was counting on you.

There must be forces at work here that I can't understand besides following the DCCC lead. (I'm thinking head-up-the-arse syndrome.) Maybe you don't like good strong progressives. Maybe you're jealous because you think I love Larry more than I love you. (I do.) I don't know. I can't figure it out.

So, John. This is it. We're through. I know you have plenty of supporters, but this could have been special you and me. Suck it up, buddy. We can still be friends.

Warmest regards,

B

1 Comments:

Blogger B. Muse said...

Thank you Christopher Walker. I'll head on over.

2:05 PM, July 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home