Thursday, March 16, 2006

NCGOP: Dumb, Dumber, Dumberer

Well now, aren't they the clever little fellows. At least they think they are. I'm not some big campaign guru, but I've worked on my fair share and the last thing you want to do is get the opponent's name and face in front of the voters on your dime.

That's exactly what the geniuses at the NCGOP have done. They've printed up 2000 signs that look like they are real estate signs. They look a lot like real estate signs. They have Jim Black's smiling face and his name on them. Very few people outside of the hard core GOP base will know what they mean. Unless, of course, someone calls the number to inquire about the house they think is actually for sale. The fact that it is long distance will discourage many people from calling. I guess they spent so much on the signs they can't afford a toll free number.

What's really sad is they aren't putting them all in Jim Black's district. There would be just enough signs to make an impact in a district, but spread out across the state they will barely create a ripple. Just how many people in the eastern part of the state do you think know who Jim Black is? I don't keep track of Representatives from other districts and I'm politically active. The only people who will get this joke will be the GOP base and they wouldn't vote for Black anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a Jim Black apologist, but I'm also very aware of what is at risk if the Republicans gain a majority in the NC House or Senate. There is too much for us to lose and I'm not willing to go back in time. I'm not in Black's district and if he is actually guilty of something other than poor judgment I will press harder for him to resign, but until then we need to work to get him elected in November. If it turns out he did anything wrong we can replace him with another Democrat later, but we don't want to hand the seat to a Republican.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home